Multimedia Technology Study Programme in English
Practice focused academic programme furnishing students with knowledge of information engineering and communication, design, social and applied sciences as well as the business skills necessary in European context of Media Communication. The study programme objective is to prepare qualified specialists who are able to assess multimedia product and digital communication demand in the market as well as opportunities for business, design and justify new product concepts, design and develop products that would meet competitive market needs.
Duration of studies – 3 years (6 semesters, 180 ECTS).
Academic Year is divided into Autumn and Spring semesters, starting 1 September.
Compulsory part of study programme consists of:
- General subjects – 15 ECTS credits (Contemporary Lithuanian, English, Philosophy);
- Professional subjects – 105 ECTS credits (Mathematics, Physics, IT in Publishing, Computer Graphics, Programming, Marketing Planning and Management, Media Communication, Business Economics, Business Management, Human Safety, Basics of Law, Electronic Publishing, Graphic Design, Visualization and Modelling);
- Specialisation subjects – 21 ECTS credits (2D – Animation, 3D – Animation, Video and Audio Technology, Digital Printing);
- Optional subjects – 9 ECTS credits (Students can select the studies of free elective subjects from different study programmes);
- Practical training – 30 ECTS credits (Multimedia Product Design).
The institution provides with the opportunity to spend one semester abroad (for study and/or work placement)
Graduates have a possibility to be employed in any of the following areas of digital media industry:
Design, advertising, tourism, architecture media, publishing, IT enterprises, e-management, tax and social insurance institutions, TV studios, production companies, etc.
- Secondary education diploma or equivalent;
- Appropriate English language skills (TOEFL or IELTS certificate recommended);
- Visa (if needed) for studying in Lithuania.
- Free use of library and internet access in the premises of the institution.
- Department of International Studies will give support in finding accommodation.
- Accommodation and meals can be provided in the premises of the institution.